I seem to have fallen off the face of the earth again. I’m so sorry dear reader. I think about blogging daily. I’ve take a few photos for it even. I’ve got things to say, just can’t seem to find the time. Let me catch you up with where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing.
- Camping trip to Blue Ridge, GA. ~ If you are close to Blue Ridge, and need to get away from it all I highly suggest you go. J and I spent 2 days there a week ago and it was perfect. Just what we needed. But be warned, it’s out there. It’s in the country, and there is nothing to do but rest and relax. I’ve got photos. They haven’t gotten downloaded yet. This weekend, I promise.
- Some good thoughts please? The Wednesday before our trip to GA, I had nerve block injection for the degenerative disc disease issue. I feel better. It doesn’t feel like my foot is 2x too big anymore, and most of the time I can actually feel it. I hope it works this time. This is my 2nd shot in 3 months. I am really looking forward to getting back to being me. And looking forward to walking again, and doing pilates. It’s been so long since I’ve felt like me.
- Work – Work is crazy. But I think it’s going to be getting better. I got a semi-promotion, and the paperwork is in process to make it real. We’re busy, but I guess that’s a good thing in this day and age.
- The garden, the garden is my daily obsession. I’ve got tomatoes, cukes, zukes, and beans all growing. I’m waiting to see the peppers and the melons. I ate my first home grown strawberry yesterday. Today the birds at the other one, I ordered netting it’ll be here in a week. We used all fresh herbs for dinner tonight – thyme, oregano, parsley, basil. All good things.
I’ve been bad for the first 6 months of this year at keeping my New Years Goals, Changes, and Challenges. I’m resetting now, and so for the next 6 months I’m challenging myself again. To do at least one of these a month. By the time 2010 rolls around, I’ll be into the swing and it’ll be a beautiful thing.
- Keep in Touch – I mean the old fashioned way – Snail Mail! I love to get snail mail, I so this year I’m going to try and remember to send more “Hi, How are you cards”. A little something to brighten someones day.
- Getting Heathy – I know I said it a while back, but it’s time to buckle down and get started moving again. To start eating better, and taking better care of me. How – WiiFit is going to be part of it.
- Learning – I want to learn something new, it can be as simple as that sewing class I talked of last fall or as complex as taking a class at the community college.
- Me Time – Ok, that sounds really selfish but I want to find more time for things I love. Crafting, getting a mani/pedi, going to the coffee shop, reading. Just 30 minutes a week would be great. I think it’ll help with the Getting Healthy goal.